AeroLEDs SunSpot 36 Series –
Certified Landing Lights
AeroLEDs SunSpot 36 Certified LED landing and taxi lights consume less power, output more lumens (total light output), and are not affected by vibrations compared to incandescent bulbs. These attributes make the SunSpot ideal for experimental, certified, commercial and Military aircraft. The SunSpot series outputs a wider beam that illuminates the color of an object due to the blue-green color temperature as opposed to “grayed” out images from the orange-red color temperature of an incandescent lamp. AeroLEDs offers several SunSpot 36 (PAR 36) drop in replacement options that are PMA and STC certified.
LX vs HX
The SunSpot 36 Series LX performs as a standard light with the constant “on” mode. The HX version includes an integrated Pulse or WigWag feature that helps greatly increase recognition in broad daylight as well as night operation to help avoid midair collisions. Additionally, while in the recognition mode, the SunSpot’s draw half the current. AeroLEDs recommends that the pilot switch to Pulse or WigWag after takeoff and remain in this mode throughout each flight. The SunSpot series lights are designed to be mounted in the Wingtips, leading edge, cowling, or on the landing gear. If you have a PAR 36 ring mount the SunSpot 36 series will fit on your aircraft.
SunSpot 36 – LX/HX Series
- SunSpot 36 LX Taxi (45Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for a 100Watt 14V or 28V incandescent taxi light.
- SunSpot 36 LX (45Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for the 100Watt GE4509 incandescent light.
SunSpot 36 – 4000 Series
- SunSpot 36-4596 (100Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for the 250Watt GE4596 incandescent landing light.
- SunSpot 36-4587 (100Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for the 250Watt GE4587 incandescent taxi light.
SunSpot 36 – 4000 Series
- SunSpot 36-4313 (95Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for the 250Watt GE4313 incandescent landing light.
- SunSpot 36-4314 (95Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for the 250Watt 14V incandescent taxi light.
SunSpot 36 – PCx Series
- SunSpot 36 PCx Landing 900-01-100-A (100Watt LED) is a drop-in replacement for lights in Pilatus Aircraft Models: PC-7, PC-9, PC-12, PC-21
- SunSpot 36 PCx Taxi 900-01-100-B (100Watt LED) lamp is a drop-in replacement for lights in Pilatus Aircraft Models: PC-7, PC-9, PC-21. Use PCx Taxi Light 900-01-100-C (100Watt LED) lamp for a drop-in replacement for Model: PC-12.